- We analyze the latest malware and improve our software
- We help create blog posts, videos and presentations for our website
- We present our analysis results at technical conferences for prospects
- Our sub teams are Malware Analysis and Threat Research
What is your role at VMRay?
I am a malware analyst at VMRay, i.e. I look at current malware and try to improve the analysis capabilities of our solution if necessary. For example, if there are problems with the investigation of a specific malware file, I get to the bottom of the matter and identify the cause. If this is in our software, I contact the development team and suggest improvements.
What has been your most exciting project so far?
There are several. Most people are familiar with WannaCry – a Ransomware that infected Deutsche Bahn, among other companies. It was exciting for me that I could examine this attack in detail and see exactly how it works; determine if new techniques were used and find out if this was something we had already seen. My job was to dismantle it into its components and look closely at each one of them.
Why did you start working at VMRay?
I applied because I think the technology and the working environment here are really exciting. What motivates me at work is how the time seems to fly when I am engaged on a new and exciting project. This is a perfect example where VMRay allows for me to customize my role to fit my work personality.
- We are responsible for running the business successfully.
- We oversee other departments, including the development of employees and management of customers.
- We take care of all of the behind-the-scenes activities that keep VMRay running efficiently.
- Our sub teams are Office Management, Finance and Legal.
- We are responsible for strategic and operative HR work.
- We have daily interactions with the employees to achieve and maintain high team morale.
- We take care of the entire recruitment process.
- We focus on developing an agile and professional organization with a focus on continuing education and career paths to prepare for future growth.
- We ensure the ongoing adaptation of human resources to bring VMRay forward.
- Our sub teams are Human Resources Development, Recruiting & Personnel Marketing and Personnel Administration.
- We drive and definethe product roadmap for present and future releases, by prioritizing feature requests and market needs
- Plan and design new features and product concepts, delivering clear and detailed requirements for our R&D team
- Engage in technical discussions with our customers, as well as prospects, for collecting feedback, ideas and suggestions for improvement
- Conduct market research and analyze the competitive landscape in order to maintain clear and up-to-date understanding of our addressed markets
Office & Team Management
- We are responsible for making the office run efficiently.
- We take care of the well-being of our co-workers.
- As part of the onboarding process we help our new co-workers during the first weeks to learn about our internal processes.
- We plan events and develop concepts for staff retention.
- In collaboration with HR, we design internal marketing materials.
- We are responsible for the quality of our product and the support of our customers
- We design and execute manual and automatic tests during development, test fixes for errors reported by customers and support our customers with technical problems
- Our sub teams are QA and Customer Support
Website designed and developed by Raincastle Communications, Inc.